After finishing Citizen Kane for the second time, i noiced so many differnet things that made the movie actualy enjoyable to watch this time through. I was watching for differnet techniques, such as high angle shot, low-key lighting, etc., and it made it somehow easier to watch. I tend do notice my mind drifting into this place where i notice little things like this. When you watch a movie more analyticaly, you get so much more out of it, because you see how the director was trying to evoke a certain emotion out of you by useing these different techniques. For instance, i have watched Fight Club atlest 20 times throughout my life and when i decided to anaylyze the film instead of just focus on the story, it proved to be a much more enjoyable experience. Now, whenever i see a new movie, i always think of the analytical side of it. I'll notice weird things like if there is an establishing shot to designate the distance between the characters in the room so we get a feel for the space, or wether the used a high-angle shot to make someone look frightened or deminished. I never noticed such minute details, which may have been the directors intention, but i think it is almost fun to watch for these things now. I'll also notice things like acting and makeup and stuff like that. Instead of just watching movies for the ploot, as i did when i was younger, i feel that as i matured, my views on films have also matured with my age. I like the way i now view films.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Unit 1 Wrap Up
After finishing Citizen Kane for the second time, i noiced so many differnet things that made the movie actualy enjoyable to watch this time through. I was watching for differnet techniques, such as high angle shot, low-key lighting, etc., and it made it somehow easier to watch. I tend do notice my mind drifting into this place where i notice little things like this. When you watch a movie more analyticaly, you get so much more out of it, because you see how the director was trying to evoke a certain emotion out of you by useing these different techniques. For instance, i have watched Fight Club atlest 20 times throughout my life and when i decided to anaylyze the film instead of just focus on the story, it proved to be a much more enjoyable experience. Now, whenever i see a new movie, i always think of the analytical side of it. I'll notice weird things like if there is an establishing shot to designate the distance between the characters in the room so we get a feel for the space, or wether the used a high-angle shot to make someone look frightened or deminished. I never noticed such minute details, which may have been the directors intention, but i think it is almost fun to watch for these things now. I'll also notice things like acting and makeup and stuff like that. Instead of just watching movies for the ploot, as i did when i was younger, i feel that as i matured, my views on films have also matured with my age. I like the way i now view films.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment